Sunday, March 8, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


One of the perks of going to BYU is that you get to be close to so much that is church related. My stake had an activity on Saturday and guess where we went...the Draper Temple! What a beautiful temple it is too! It is very intricate and the baptismal font is probably the coolest I have ever seen. The endowment rooms are very elegant and the Sealing Room...HOLY COW! It is so awesome! I definately suggest it. I think someone said the ceiling in the Celestial Room is 57 feet (it is really tall). I included some photographs of the temple from the internet since I didn't take any on the trip.



The Celestial Room. That ceiling goes up for probably another 30 feet! Way cool!

As I walked through the Temple, I felt great whisperings of the Spirit. It is such a blessing to have temples in our day. The Spirit said to me just after I had walked through the doors, "This is God's House." Then I thought of the quote, "God is not an absenty Master" and I realized the sacredness of the building in which I stood. You can't help but turn your thoughts heavenward in such a heavenly edifice!