Friday, February 20, 2009

Getting Anxious...And the Law of Opposites

So this week has been an emotional roller coaster for me. I haven't really had much to be sad about, but I think that the law of opposites holds true as always. I have had some really great days mostly relating to hearing my friends get their mission calls and yet I have felt quite down at other times. I realize that this just goes to prove that we are tested before or after our greatest spiritual experiences. As I watched two of my roommates open their calls and found out they were going to Cambodia and Thailand, I was filled with gratitude to be called to serve as well and I couldn't wait to join the ranks of missionaries around the world. It has been so exciting to hear of their calls and experience it with them. It makes me even more curious to hear where I will be going. But then right after I feel on top of the world, I feel the slight twangs of depression begin and I find myself having to make great efforts not fall into the trap of self despair. Now don't get worried. I am doing great. I just realize that Satan is trying to do anything he can to get me not to serve. But know this, I am going to serve a mission and I am going to serve with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength!

I am extremely excited to hear next week where I will be going. I think back on my childhood and all of the times in primary when I with vigor sang "I hope they call me on a mission." I smile and humbly thank my Heavenly Father for leading on a path to accomplish this goal. I still hope He will call me on a mission! I have never really thought of going to one place in particular because I know that the Lord will call me where I need to go. Yet, I know that I am meant for one mission and it is the one I will read in a few days. Thank you all for your support, examples, and prayers.